Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

iPod Cookie

One of my co-workers saw my little blog here with some of the cookies, and immediately asked if I would be willing  to do something for her daughter's 7th birthday.  She had this idea of doing an iPod or iPad, since her daughter said that is what she wanted as a gift (and she was obviously not getting one for a 7 year old, lol).


I thought about it a little, thinking about what I would want to do, and how I would do it, and then I agreed.  I was nervous, since it would be the first time I would have to make something look like something specific, and also the first time I would be doing a big cookie.  It had to be big, since I needed room to do details. 






Also, I like the look of the black iPods more than the white ones (though my sister's white iPhone has me considering it...) but a lot of black icing doesn't always taste very good (and it makes your tongue black).  So, I decided to make a chocolate cookies with a little black coloring to darken it, and use the cookie itself as the background color. 


Since the cookie was large (5 x 8 -ish) I was able do make larger buttons and hand decorate them using food color pens.  Obviously, I did the easier ones, but I was real happy how they came out.  I did wish I had a finer tip black one to do some smaller details, but all in all, I think you can tell what they are.  (sorry for the blurry pictures)












My co-worker was thrilled.  I was thrilled she was thrilled.   Her daughter was really excited... and that's what matters.




Oh and my favorite app button:


No comments:

Post a Comment