Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cake Decorating Class

So, as I may have mentioned in my first entry, I signed up for a cake decorating class.  Now, I did take one last spring, but at the same time, we were busy packing, moving, and unpacking that I don't feel like I have it 100%.  Since then, they also changed their classes, so while I'm technically taking the basics class again, we're doing new things.  So far, it's been mostly skills I know/feel comfortable with, so it's been a good chance to practice.

While I don't have any step by steps for you (it would be awkward to stop in the middle of class every 10 minutes to take a picture of what I have done), I did take a picture...OK, several... of the final product.


Isn't it cute! 


Here's a shot so you can see the borders. 

Next week is cupcakes and flowers.

Oh... and if a cake wasn't enough, this morning I did a practice run of the School Bus cookies I'll be making for a woman who is retiring as a (you guessed it!) School Bus Driver! 




I tried a few different things, so I know what I want to do and don't want to do for the final product (which I still have a month for), but I was glad I got a few extra cookies in the freezer. 

So, I've been busy in the kitchen.... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment