Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Henry's Baptism

Well, since Henry was born in June, I have had very little time for baking and decorating.  I've been able to do a few small things, but nothing too impressive.

For Henry's Baptism, I was determined to make the cake, and I wanted to make cookies too.  I saw an adorable Dove design by Bridget at Bake at 350.  She is an amazing decorator, and have some wonderful designs (and book that I hope I get for Christmas... wink, wink).

The cookies are a wonderful chocolate recipe, and it's such a simple design I was able to do them after the baby went to bed one night.

Poor lighting... they are white, not the gray/blue they look here.


For the cake, I wanted to do something fall-ish, since I won't get many chances to do another cake this fall.  Really, other than the wording, nothing specifically makes this a Baptism cake.

The flavor is Pumpkin Spice, with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing.  I decorated it with gum paste leaves, and got to use some of the techniques I learned in my decorating class last year.


Overall, I am very happy with it.  I can't wait, as Henry grows, to not only have more opportunities to bake, but time as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment